So, here’s the skinny – the down-low – on the rules of the ZoomInfo API:
- Once we give you the green light on your ZoomInfo API application, feel free to use the content you’re allowed access to and gussy up your Web sites, applications, and such.
- Upon approval, you will be assigned a unique ZoomInfo API Key which must be kept confidential – only one API Key per person or company. This ain’t kindergarten – sharing isn’t encouraged.
- You cannot (as if you ever would, right?):
- Give this stuff away en masse (i.e., no bulk access).
- Retain or store any ZoomInfo Content. Eyes only, please.
- Try and pretend it’s yours in the first place – make sure you give credit where credit’s due (to ZoomInfo in this instance).
- Present the ZoomInfo Content so that it appears to be coming from a third party. Or a fourth, fifth, etc.
- Try to hack or reverse engineer the ZoomInfo API or ZoomInfo Content.
- Use the ZoomInfo API in excess. Or in space – not yet, anyways.
- And, please, please, please don’t use the stuff to break the law, behave immorally, or just generally do bad stuff.
- Privacy’s all good, but if you lock the content up on a password protected site, you’re going to have to let us in on the secret codes. Shoot a password and ID over to us, at: API@zoominfo.com. Like, forthwith and stuff.
- Wherever you use the ZoomInfo Content, you must include the required and approved ZoomInfo branding and attribution (which means – and we had to look this one up – you have to tell them that it comes from us).
- Your use of the ZoomInfo API does not make you an employee of ZoomInfo. With that said: if you’re the type to use an API, you’re probably the kind of person we’d like to talk to about working here. Things are afoot over here, and we’re looking for more great people. So, please shoot us a note at: email@example.com. Again with the forthwith, or should that be the ‘fifthwith’…sorry.
- ZoomInfo is a search engine that extracts and summarizes information from the Web through the use of semantic search technology – aka black magic, alliteration, warping space and time, etc. Which means that this information may not always be exactly 100% accurate. ZoomInfo assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the ZoomInfo Content and the use of such ZoomInfo Content is at your own risk, although we’re pretty sure that the use of the ZoomInfo API is not generally life-threatening.
- The API Terms, ZoomInfo API and/or ZoomInfo Content may be changed or updated without notice. This footloose and fancy free attitude is half our charm. We’re still looking for the second half.
- ZoomInfo may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the ZoomInfo API or ZoomInfo Content at any time. Again, that’s our charm shining through.
- We may, at some point, charge for this. Or, we may not. Call us fickle and we’ll be even.
Please have a look at the full API Terms – in all their legal glory – and let us know if you have any questions: API@zoominfo.com.
ZoomInfo API Terms
1. ZoomInfo API Definition
1.1 The ZoomInfo API is ZoomInfo's service that allows approved users to retrieve certain data ("ZoomInfo Content") from ZoomInfo. The ZoomInfo API consists of an application program interface (API) for retrieving various ZoomInfo Content, grouped generally into calls to retrieve people and company data derived from ZoomInfo’s business information database. ZoomInfo may release subsequent versions of the ZoomInfo API and require you to obtain and use the most recent version. New versions may not be compatible with previous implementations.
2. Right to ZoomInfo API and ZoomInfo Content
2.1 If you are approved for use of the ZoomInfo API, and subject to these API Terms, you may access the ZoomInfo API, implement the ZoomInfo API on your Web site(s) and/or Application(s) and distribute ZoomInfo Content only to consumers for their personal use without charge by you or others via your Web site(s) and/or Applications and all in accordance with the ZoomInfo API Branding Requirements. This right is subject to the following restrictions:
- All calls to the ZoomInfo API must reference the ZoomInfo API Key ("API Key") issued to you as an approved user.
- You agree to keep your API Key confidential and not to share it with any third party. This right is unique to you, and any affiliates or third parties must seek and obtain their own ZoomInfo API right and API Key.
- You are limited to one API Key per person or organization.
- You agree that you will provide the ZoomInfo Content to users on an "as is" basis, with disclaimers substantially equivalent to those set forth in Sections 8 and 9 below.
- You may present ZoomInfo Content only on a transactional basis. You will not permit your users to access ZoomInfo Content in bulk.
- You may not retain any copies of ZoomInfo Content. Your right to ZoomInfo Content is limited to making direct server calls to the ZoomInfo API for ZoomInfo Content and to distributing ZoomInfo Content to your end users on your Web site(s) and/or Application(s) immediately upon receipt by your servers.
- You may not present the ZoomInfo Content (or permit ZoomInfo Content to be presented) so that it appears to be derived from a third party Web site.
- If you are presenting the ZoomInfo Content within a closed registration Web site and/or Application, you must provide ZoomInfo with a login and password to such Web site and/or Application.
- You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the ZoomInfo API or ZoomInfo Content.
- You may not use the ZoomInfo APIs in a manner that, in ZoomInfo’s sole judgment and discretion, exceeds reasonable request volumes, constitutes excessive or abusive use, or otherwise fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the ZoomInfo API documentation located within http://developer.ZoomInfo.com/documentation
- You are limited to the following use:
- 2,000 API calls per day, per API Key
- You may request ZoomInfo to approve higher daily query limits subject to ZoomInfo’s review of your current and intended use. Please contact ZoomInfo at API@zoominfo.com for more details.
- You may not use the ZoomInfo API or ZoomInfo Content in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to US embargo, hate materials (e.g. Nazi memorabilia) or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, cigarettes, illegal drugs and paraphernalia, unlicensed sale of prescription drugs and medical devices, pornography, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, unlicensed trade or dealing in stocks and securities, gambling items, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, non-transferable items such as airline tickets or event tickets, non-packaged food items, weapons and accessories.
3. ZoomInfo Branding
3.1 You may only use ZoomInfo’s intellectual property as expressly set forth herein.
3.2 Subject to these API Terms, ZoomInfo hereby grants you a worldwide, non exclusive, non-transferable royalty free right to use, copy, display, publish and disseminate any logo, trademark, trade name and/or hypertext link designated by ZoomInfo (the “ZoomInfo Marks”), but such right shall be solely in connection with your use of the ZoomInfo Marks via any of your Web site(s) or Application(s) incorporating the ZoomInfo API and/or ZoomInfo Content, in accordance with the following requirements the (“ZoomInfo Branding Requirements”):
- On any Web page or Application where you display ZoomInfo company or people search results, each result must include a hypertext link to the appropriate company or people profile Web page on ZoomInfo.com.
- On any Web page or Application where you display company detail or company competitor data, you must include a hypertext link to the appropriate company profile Web page on ZoomInfo.com.
- On any Web page or Application where you display any ZoomInfo Content you must display a prominent “Powered By ZoomInfo” logo or icon (a "ZoomInfo API Logo"). Acceptable variations of the ZoomInfo API Logo(s) and additional ZoomInfo Branding Requirements can be found on the following Web page: http://developer.zoominfo.com/page/branding.
3.3 If ZoomInfo determines that you are using or displaying any of the ZoomInfo Marks in a manner that is or may be detrimental to ZoomInfo’s interest, ZoomInfo may issue reasonable instructions to you concerning the manner, if any, in which you may continue the use of such ZoomInfo Mark. You will promptly comply with such instructions or cease the use or display of such ZoomInfo Mark.
3.4 The ZoomInfo API, and ZoomInfo Marks are the property of ZoomInfo, and subject to the intellectual property rights of ZoomInfo. You shall not, by virtue of these API Terms, obtain or claim any right, title or interest to or in the ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content or ZoomInfo Marks, except the right of use specified herein.
3.5 You hereby acknowledge and agree that all such use of the ZoomInfo Marks shall inure to ZoomInfo’s benefit. All rights conferred on you pursuant to this Section 3 shall terminate upon any expiration or termination of these API Terms.
4. Acceptable Use
4.1 You agree not to use the ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content, or ZoomInfo Marks in any way that is unlawful, or harms ZoomInfo, its affiliates, its service providers, its suppliers, your end users, or any other person or entity. Further, pursuant to Section 11 below, ZoomInfo may unilaterally terminate your use of the ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content and/or ZoomInfo Marks if and when ZoomInfo determines that your use is inappropriate.
4.2 Further, in using the ZoomInfo API, you agree not to:
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the ZoomInfo API.
- Violate or attempt to violate the security of the ZoomInfo API, including, without limitation:
- log in to a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- attempt to test, scan, probe or hack the vulnerability of the ZoomInfo API or any network used by the ZoomInfo API or to breach security, encryption or other authentication measures; or
- attempt to interfere with the ZoomInfo API by overloading, flooding, pinging, mail bombing or crashing it.
5. Limited Relationship
5.1 You and ZoomInfo are independent contractors, and nothing in these API Terms shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, a partnership, or a joint venture. While you may publicly refer to the fact that you have implemented the ZoomInfo API, you agree not to make any other public statements that assert or imply any other relationship with ZoomInfo, unless you have ZoomInfo's prior written approval. You may not use the ZoomInfo name to endorse or promote products derived from the ZoomInfo API without the specific prior written permission of ZoomInfo.
6. ZoomInfo Content
6.1 ZoomInfo is a search engine that extracts and summarizes information from the Web. This information may be inaccurate and we may make mistakes when extracting the information. ZoomInfo assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information that is provided by ZoomInfo and use of such information is at your own risk. By furnishing you access to information, ZoomInfo does not grant you rights to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property.
6.2 ZoomInfo shall not be responsible for any failure to remove, or delay in removing, harmful, inaccurate, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content within the ZoomInfo Content originating with or otherwise provided by third parties.
6.3 The ZoomInfo Content offered via the ZoomInfo API may be changed, updated, or deleted without notice for any reason at ZoomInfo’s sole discretion.
6.4 You acknowledge and agree that ZoomInfo may include within the ZoomInfo Content "dummy" information that does not relate to any actual person or company, without specifically identifying such information, for the purposes of allowing ZoomInfo to monitor compliance with these API Terms.
6.5 ZoomInfo will utilize commercially reasonable efforts to provide the ZoomInfo API on a 24/7 basis but it shall not be responsible for any disruption, regardless of length. Furthermore, ZoomInfo shall not be liable for losses or damages you may incur due to any errors or omissions in any ZoomInfo Content, or due to your inability to access data due to disruption of the ZoomInfo API.
7.1 ZoomInfo reserves the right at any time to charge fees for access to any or all portions of the ZoomInfo API or ZoomInfo Content. However, in no event will you be charged for access to the ZoomInfo API or ZoomInfo Content unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such charges.
8.1 Your Warranty. You represent, warrant and covenant that: (a) you will comply with these API Terms and (b) you are at least thirteen (13) years old.
8.2 No ZoomInfo Warranty. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE ZOOMINFO API AND ZOOMINFO CONTENT. THE ZOOMINFO API AND THE ZOOMINFO CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ZOOMINFO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE ZOOMINFO CONTENT AND/OR THE ZOOMINFO API SHALL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. ZOOMINFO DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION USED OR DISCLOSED ON THE ZOOMINFO API.
9. Liability Limitation
9.1 IN NO EVENT WILL ZOOMINFO BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, BASED ON, OR RESULTING FROM THESE API TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE ZOOMINFO API, ZOOMINFO CONTENT, OR ZOOMINFO MARKS, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH IS INDEPENDENT OF YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SURVIVES IN THE EVENT SUCH REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR IS OTHERWISE DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM (A) BREACH OF CONTRACT, (B) BREACH OF WARRANTY, (C) NEGLIGENCE, OR (D) ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THESE API TERMS, OR YOU HAVE ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM AGAINST ZOOMINFO WITH RESPECT TO THESE API TERMS, THE ZOOMINFO API, THE ZOOMINFO CONTENT OR THE ZOOMINFO MARKS, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE ZOOMINFO API, ZOOMINFO CONTENT, AND ZOOMINFO MARKS.
10.1 You agree to hold harmless and indemnify ZoomInfo, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and suppliers, from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your or your users' use of the ZoomInfo API or ZoomInfo Content, use of ZoomInfo Marks other than as set forth herein, violation of these API Terms or other actions connected with use of ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content or ZoomInfo Marks, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, ZoomInfo will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
11. Changes & Termination
11.1 Changes. ZoomInfo reserves the right to change the API Terms at any time and for any reason, and you are responsible for regularly reviewing these API Terms. Your continued use of the ZoomInfo API and/or ZoomInfo Content after the effective date of such changes will constitute acceptance of and agreement to any such changes.
11.2 Termination. ZoomInfo may change, suspend or discontinue the ZoomInfo API and suspend or terminate your use of the ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content, and/or ZoomInfo Marks at any time for any reason, without notice. You may also terminate by ceasing to use the ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content and ZoomInfo Marks, removing implementation of the ZoomInfo API from your Web site(s) and/or Application(s) and deleting all copies of the ZoomInfo Content and ZoomInfo Marks. Sections 2.1(o), 9, and 12 inclusive of these API Terms shall survive the termination or expiration of these API Terms.
12.1 Entire Agreement. These API Terms represent the entire binding agreement between you and ZoomInfo, and each party’s respective successors and assigns, and supersede any and all prior understandings, statements or representations, whether electronic, oral or written, regarding the ZoomInfo API or the ZoomInfo Content. A printed version of these API Terms and of any notice given shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these API Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
12.2 Authority. You represent that you have the authority to bind the organization (if any) identified in your application for the ZoomInfo API.
12.3 Assignment. ZoomInfo may assign these API Terms at its discretion. You may not assign any part of these API Terms without ZoomInfo's prior written consent.
12.4 No waiver. No waiver of any obligation or right of either party shall be effective unless in writing, executed by the party against whom it is being enforced. ZoomInfo's failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
12.5 Jurisdiction. These API Terms shall be governed by the applicable Commonwealth of Massachusetts laws, without regard to its conflict of laws rules, and you hereby give your consent to have any action or dispute between yourself and ZoomInfo resolved exclusively within the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The prevailing party in any legal action brought by one party against the other that arises out of these API Terms shall be entitled, in addition to any other rights and remedies it may have, to reimbursement for its legal expenses, including court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees. Use of the ZoomInfo API is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these API Terms, including without limitation this paragraph.
12.6 Export. You agree not to export from anywhere any part of the ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content, or ZoomInfo Marks provided to you or any direct product thereof except in compliance with, and with all rights and approvals required under, applicable export laws, rules and regulations.
12.7 U.S. Government Usage. If provided to the U.S. government, the ZoomInfo API, ZoomInfo Content, or Marks are provided with the commercial rights described herein
12.8 Equitable Relief. You understand and agree that, in addition to money damages, ZoomInfo shall be entitled to equitable relief where appropriate upon your breach of any portion of these API Terms.
12.9 Severability. The API Terms are severable and may be construed to the extent of their enforceability in light of the parties' mutual intent. If any part of these API Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be replaced with a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these API Terms will continue in effect.
12.10 Force Majeure. If the performance of these API Terms or any obligations hereunder is prevented or interfered with by reason of fire or other casualty or accident, strikes or labor disputes, war or other violence, any law, proclamation, regulation, or requirement of any government agency, or any other act or condition beyond the reasonable control of a party hereto, that party upon giving prompt notice to the other party shall be excused from such performance during such occurrence.
12.11 Notices and Other Communications. Notices required or permitted hereunder that are intended for you personally shall be made to you at the most recent email address on file with ZoomInfo and shall be made to ZoomInfo by email to “notices@ZoomInfo.com” or in writing to Zoom Information Inc., Attn: Legal Notices; 307 Waverly Oaks Road, Waltham MA 02452.
12.12 Titles and Subtitles. The titles and subtitles in these API Terms are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing it.